1 January 2012

Christmas

Wendy cooked an amazing lunch and we sat outside on their deck to eat. I really enjoyed the company, the view and of course the food. After lunch Wendy and Hugh's son and daughter-in-law dropped me back to the Botanical gardens where I resumed the walk.

In the early evening I was looking for water when I saw someone in their yard I asked if they could fill up my bottle. Before I knew where I was I found myself in the midst of another Christmas gathering with an excitable Sam and Charlie showing me all that Father Christmas had brought them.

Neighbours of the host offered me a bed for the night which I gratefully accepted.

An amazing Christmas. I have just been overwhelmed by people's generosity. The trail is beautiful but the people who I am meeting along the way are the icing on the cake!

No comments: